Last updated: 16 December 2022
This is the privacy notice of The Well Connected Traveller. In this document, “we”, “our” or “us” refers to The Well Connected Traveller registered in Australia with ABN 21 610 731 701
We take reasonable steps to protect your privacy and the confidentiality of your data. If you believe that we are failing to abide by our policy, please contact us and let us know so we can improve our service.
Your engagement with our services, including use of our website, is confirmation of your consent to the details of the policy that follows.
Collection of personal information
We collect personal information where such information is necessary for us to undertake our business activities as a travel booking and consultancy service. We collect personal information when you enquire or make a booking with us. We also collect personal information when you email us, write to us, call us, subscribe to our newsletters, connect with us on social media, or engage with us through any other channel.
The type of personal information we collect may include your name, address, telephone number, email, credit card details, passport information, frequent flyer information and any other details that may be relevant to the service we provide to you. In certain circumstances, we may collect sensitive information about you such as financial information, country of birth, religious beliefs or health information. We will only collect sensitive information with your consent and where it is directly related to the provision of our services.
How we use your information
- To provide our services to you – We act as an agent to provide you travel arrangements or to provide goods and services to you. The personal information we collect is used to consider and complete your requests. We use your personal information when you have emailed, phoned or written to us, to provide you with a response to that enquiry or request. We may respond to you by email, phone or post when we interact with you for these purposes.
- To send you payment and invoicing information – We use your personal information for the purposes of finalising your payment(s) to us and to allow us to send invoices and receipts. We may contact you by email, phone or post when we interact with you for these purposes.
- For marketing purposes – We may use your information to contact you regarding special offers or services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us you may do so by using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of the email. If you receive marketing collateral from us or one of our partners by post and you wish to be removed from the list, please contact us by phone or email to action your request.
- To verify your identity for security purposes
Disclosure of your information
By engaging with our services, including our website (www.thewellconnectedtraveller.com.au) , you consent that we may disclose your information in the following ways:
- To third party suppliers of product or services you have requested – We may collect information from you to enable you to purchase products or services offered by another business or service provider. We assume that in giving us your information, you also consent to us passing it on to the relevant service provider. For the purpose of providing our services to you, your information will be supplied to complete your travel arrangements and will be disclosed to suppliers such airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels, insurance providers, etc. These third parties may be located overseas. The disclosure of such information is necessary to complete any bookings or make reservations. However, please note that we are unable to accept any responsibility for what that third party may do with your information once it has been provided to them.
- To third party services that enable our business activities – We may share your information with third parties who are engaged by us to assist in the provision of our services. Examples of such services include but not limited to software and technology providers (e.g. email marketing technology, customer relationship management software, etc.) and our travel network service providers (e.g. Helloworld Travel, Virtuoso).
- Where required by law, court or tribunal – Where we are required by a law, court or tribunal to provide your personal information, we will provide your personal information in accordance with the requirements or conditions stipulated by the law, court or tribunal.
- With your consent – Where we have your specific consent, we may disclose your personal information. If your consent is conditional, we will take reasonable steps to ensure such conditions are complied with.
- To address complaints – In the event that we receive a complaint, we will record all the information provided to us. We use that information to resolve the complaint. If a complaint requires us to contact another party, we may provide the other party the information contained in the complaint.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic usage.
Access to the information we hold about you
You may access the information we hold about you in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. If requested by you, we will amend our records containing your personal information as soon as practically possible in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. We do not charge a fee for processing a request to access your personal information or amend your personal information. If you would like access to your personal information or like to have your personal information corrected, you can do so by contacting us.
Engagement with our services, including use of our website, is an indication of your consent to this Policy. From time to time we may change our privacy practices. Changes will be published to this page on our website. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy at any time, without notice. Please check this statement periodically for changes. Your continued use of our websites and services following the posting of changes to this policy will mean you accept those changes.