Can you guarantee you will find me a seat?
While we will do our best to find you the points seat you want, it may not always be possible as seats depend on what airlines make available. We can guarantee that we will explore all available options for you, ensuring you will not miss out if reward seats are available.
How many points do I need for a business class return to Europe?
The number of points needed for a trip varies depending on factors such as the route you want and the time of year you are travelling. As a guide, you can expect a one-way business class ticket from Melbourne to London with Qantas to cost around 140,000 points.
What if I don’t have enough points?
If you don’t have enough points to complete your booking, you may combine points with a paid portion of the ticket. We will provide you with those options as part of the research that we do for you.
Do you only do point bookings?
Absolutely not! While we are a points booking specialist and a preferred travel partner for American Express Centurion and Platinum card holders, we are also a fully licensed travel consultancy. We can recommend and book paid-for ticket options.
Why do you charge a research fee?
Finding reward seats is a complicated and time-consuming process, and the research fee covers the time our consultants need to research your travel options and present you with the two best options for your requested travel dates.
How long will it take to get back to me?
We aim to provide travel options within 48 hours of your request.
Are points tickets refundable?
Yes points and taxes are refundable and they are returned to the airline account. Some airlines will charge a cancellation fee but this is minimal.
Can you change a points ticket?
Yes you can change a points ticket but it is often difficult due to availability.
What can I do to improve my chances of getting a seat?
- Plan in Advance: Plan your trip well in advance, preferably 9-12 months before your intended travel date. Airlines typically release reward seats for booking around this time.
- Flexible Dates: Be flexible with your travel dates. If you can adjust your schedule by a day or two, you’ll have a better chance of finding available reward seats.
- Elite Status: In a frequent flyer program, achieving elite status can increase your chances of accessing reward seats. Elite members often get priority access to available award space.
- Book During Off-Peak Times: Consider travelling during off-peak seasons or mid-week days when there may be more availability.
- Consider Partner Airlines: Look into partner airlines within the same alliance or codeshare agreements. They may have different award seat availability.
What happens if you can’t find flights on the days I want to travel?
If we are unable to find points seats on the requested travel dates, we will offer two alternatives as close to the dates requested as possible. If no points seats are available, we will provide you with two paid ticket options.
Why should I choose TWCT?
We are American Express’s preferred points travel partner with over a decade of travel industry and experience. We provide our clients with an exceptional travel consultancy experience and guarantee that if there are point seat options available, we will find them for our clients.